Tuesday, March 15, 2011

an altered t-shirt


Before I start, I need to wish my Daniel a happy belated birthday on the blog. He had a fun Lego party with just a few friends.

Now, I've seen lots of these fabric flowers and altered tees on blogs. I figured it w
ould be fun to try and I was right, the flowers are easy and addicting. I started with two tees from Old Navy (on sale for $4 each).

I cut strips from one edge of the seam to the other side. Then I rolled the strip.

Then I rolled the fabric strip into a flower shape.

With my excellent sewing skills (ha!), I sewed the flower so that it wouldn't come apart. Then I placed the flower on the shirt and stitched it down.


For the headband, I cut a wider strip of t-shirt and sewed on another flower.

Cute altered shirt for only $8 with lots of left over material for Olivia to make doll accessories with! I'm thinking I need a cute flower tee!




Today's Creative Blog

Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments: