Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother/Daughter Tea at Church

A little over a year ago, I had an idea to have a mother/daughter tea at church. It was too close to Mother's Day to plan, so I waited until this year.

Part of organizing an event is finding the PERFECT people to help you. One of these people, who God sat me down beside one Sunday morning, is Mrs. Denise. I told her of my idea of having the tea and that we would need some decorations. From that, Mrs. Denise took off and never stopped.
Using her handy-dandy Cricut machine, Denise made wonderful flower themed place settings for each and every seat - about 72 in all. No two were alike! Needless to say, everyone loved them and many took them home for scrapbooks and even decorations.
From this flower theme came the idea of a banner, which I currently do not have a photo of, darn. "If you had been a flower, I would have picked you."

She also made some extra large flowers, bees and butterflies to decorate some white lattice we found in the church basement. This was our backdrop for each and every group of ladies to have their picture taken. I took pictures and plan to display them at church Sunday for Mother's Day.
We had chicken salad, vegie trays and fruit trays, which I picked up at Sam's and embellished a little. Many ladies in the church brought wonderful desserts.


Miss Hunter provided wonderful songs and Mrs. April gave a beautiful devotion.

We had about 60 in attendance at our first ever Mother/Daughter Tea!

No comments: